Our first priority is to work with you to support your child in every way possible through quality first teaching. Following the Newcastle SEND Graduated Response, there may be times when we may access external support from one or more agency.
These external agencies may act in an advisory capacity, or provide additional specialist assessment or be involved in teaching your child directly.
Together this professional partnership is there to support the pupils through fully inclusive practice.
External services accessed through the SEND Advice and Support Allocation Panel:
- Educational Psychology
- SEND Outreach Service (Inc SpLD)
- Support from specialist schools and settings
- Individual Pupils Support (IPS) Funding
External Agencies involved in school are:
- NHS Speech Therapy Department
- Speech and Language Therapy Team (SALT) – Angela Gemmel
- School Nurse (School Nursing Team)
School Councillor -Mrs Vicky Foster
- Children Young Person Service (CYPS) Newcastle
- Children and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMHs) North Tyneside
- School Safeguarding Officer-Dan Tolan
The National Autistic Society: www.autism.org.uk
Dyslexia Action: www.dyslexiaaction.org.uk
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: www.adhd.org.uk
Children’s North East: Telephone: 01912562444 www.children-ne.org.uk– supports families and children facing social issues
Children’s and Young People’s Service: Telephone: 01912466913 – supports families facing mental health issues ADHD Service with Barnado’s Telephone: 019126566, www.barnados.org.uk
Families information Service: www.newcastlefis.org.uk
Dyspraxia Foundation: Telephone: 01913845858, https://dyspraxiafoundation.org.uk/
Cerebra: Telephone: 01912308036, http://w3.cerebra.org.uk/