Our Vision for Physical Education
At St Teresa’s Catholic Primary School, our aim is to ensure all children enjoy and are engaged in Physical Education and Sport.
Through Physical Education we aim to develop the children’s knowledge, skills and understanding, so that they can perform with increasing confidence and competence in a range of physical activities. We aim to improve health and well-being, promote active participation and lifelong learning, and for each child to fulfil their potential.
We aim to ensure that the children’s experience of Physical Education is positive and motivating.
PE Primary Funding
St Teresa’s receives Sports Premium funding from the Government and must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport which we offer.
This means that we use the premium to:
- Develop and add to the PE and sport activities that we already offer;
- Make improvements during the current academic year that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years;
- Hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers;
- Provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively;
- Introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport;
- Support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs and Change4Life clubs;
- Engage children in sport competitions;
- Increase pupils’ participation in the School Games;
- Run/compete in sports activities with other schools.
Our 2016-17 PE Funding Impact Report can be downloaded here
This link provides further information about this initiative.